Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Eureka!

Just saw this in an article I was reading about kids need for sleep:

"Kids who don't get enough sleep show other changes in the levels of hormones circulating in their body, too. Hormones that regulate hunger and appetite can be affected, causing a child to overeat and have a preference for high-calorie carbs. What's more, a shortage of sleep can affect the way the body metabolizes these foods, triggering insulin resistance, which is linked to type 2 diabetes.

A lack of sleep at night can also affect motor skills and concentration during the day, leading to more accidents and behavioral problems, and poor performance at school."

So if It's true for my three year old it's true for me. I'm officially fat and clumsy because I should be taking a nap everyday. Someone needs to get me on a better schedule if they want my "behavioral problems" to go away...

No comments:

Post a Comment