Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter Etc...

We went to the annual Brook Trails Home Owners Association Easter Egg Hunt again this year. A funny title for a cute little egg hunt done in the front yard of a house down the street from The Rudds'. The cutest thing about it is that Jordan participated in this same Egg Hunt when he was a kid. It blows my mind to have Adelle do things in the same places her father did them before her. Since my family moved around so much any place we had more than a few years history with felt like a relic. It's bizarre to me that Jordan and I lived together in his childhood bedroom for 6 months.

I digress... Here's the good stuff.



They kids got to get 10 eggs at a time (between whistle blows) and Jordan had to literally hold Adelle back. The eggs are in plain sight and if given the opportunity she would have stayed there all day picking them up. The bad weather was actually in our favor this year. It thinned the crowd down (wusses stayed home) more eggs for us.

Beside the fact that there's this crazy connection to her daddy's past, Adelle gets the added bonus of tons of family around. She is one super lucky kid. Just look at these gorgeous folks:




Here's Callum. This is Baxter's cousin and future BFF. Just now he needs a nap though. Sheesh he is a cute kid.

Easter was fantastic. I don't have a picture of the most memorable part though. Considering I had a baby a few weeks before Easter I wasn't really on top of my game in preparations. Besides, with a two year old I didn't really think a whole Easter basket/morning egg hunt was really necessary. Lucky for me I'm married to Captain Husband.

On Saturday, when I was decidedly grumpy and tired, Jordan tracked down some Easter candy (Target was sold OUT, yo) at Rite Aid and even got a little chocolate bunny for Adelle. We loaded up and hid a few eggs around the living room and Jordan put it altogether in a little basket for her. I'll try to add a video of the hunt to this post later. She was pretty cute. I'm so glad that Jordan is such an involved partner. He is amazing at filling in the many gaps in my parenting/personality/life.

No comments:

Post a Comment