Monday, November 19, 2012

This thing.

So, blogging is always rattling around in the back of my mind as something I'd like to do. But then I never do it. And I'm on a self improvement kick so here I am. Cell phone pictures included.

First, this is the face Adelle makes if you ask her to smile for a camera... Everytime. I guess I'm just grateful she's not one of those little girls who have already perfected "duck face."

And then there's the little boy. Oh, what a boy. All trucks and tools... Except for the occasional tu-tu. He sure loves his big sister. She is warming up to him, I swear.

Last night, Baxter spent the better part of a 25 minute car ride to grandma's yelling "uh-oh" from the back seat. Here's the part that reveals both what awesome parents we are and the kind of thing that is just considered normal around here, because nobody did anything about it. Finally when we were a few blocks from our destination I asked what in the world could he be going on about. Jordan looked back and saw him staring intently at the rosemary bread I made which was sitting on the dashboard. Jordan moved the bread. It was like flipping a switch: silence. Jordan put the bread back on the dashboard. Baxter: "uh-oh!!" And we spent the rest of the car ride laughing.

This is the family I'm creating. I feel super lucky to have kids that are full of the ever-lasting enthusiasm for which we Sulzens are famous. They have all the determination and strength a Rudd has to offer as well. They are little powerhouses. Look out world. Or as Baxter would say, Whoa!!

Watch "Whoa." on YouTube

1 comment:

  1. Oh in my life I hardly have time to blog or read blogs- but now I'm happy that I just now saw this. It makes lying on the hospital couch waiting for morning pleasurable! Love you Mary and your dears. Love the way you write and love your humor- I just live the whole sha-bang!

    ReplyDelete